March 7, 2015

The Order of the Stripe Knights: Wizards Vs Warriors



You may have seen a bunch of my artwork with all these animal characters with me constantly mentioning a comic idea. Well, once more I have a bunch of sketches in this topic that has to do with that. I’m still in the “I have no idea how to put these ideas together” phase so I’m on and off with this. Most of these sketches I’m just kept to myself because I kinda see it as a bunch of drawings with no context for anyone else but me. I’m post ting them because, to be honest, someone told me to, I won’t say who. So I’m posting more of these sketches as I think of them, so there’s that.

The over-arching conflict of my comic’s world is the fact that wizards and magic users are a menace and a threat. They screw with society, nature and reality, for either petty or intentional reasons. Some can’t control their powers becoming forces of nature and other are crooks because they know they can get away with it.  Many leaders are split about how to deal with these reality bending misanthropes, whether to send troops to hunt and kill them all, outlaw reading of magic tomes,hire them as mercenaries to secretly battle for more world power, run away in fear of some magical tyrants, or submit to their will. Since magic users are an influential minority, it’s often difficult to track them down or take measures to protect against wizards. Of course, there are some individuals who are tired of the conflicts and want to find an understanding between wizards and warriors.
In short, wizards are assholes and somebody needs to deal with them.
This stuff is brainstorming stuff so it’s likely to change as I touch back on this every so often.







No comments:

Post a Comment